Another Wednesday, another linkup with Shannon at Life After I Dew.
This is what I’m saying So What to this week…
– That I haven’t exercised in a few days. I’ll get back on track, probably today. It’s not that I didn’t have time to, my family was gone and all, I just didn’t. Plain and simple.
– That I’m glad it’s August tomorrow. I’m looking forward to cooler weather and school starting so that we can have routine in our days again.
– That I got in the mood to cook and bake the other day for some reason so I stayed up and did just that instead of cleaning the house like I had planned. I baked cookies (see pic below), banana bread (froze two loaves), chicken ranch taco meat, rice and beans, black beans and turkey sausage, a big batch of spaghetti sauce, enchiladas, all to freeze. I do a big freezer cooking day sometimes and I really like having stuff just ready to thaw and heat.
– That I went to Sephora for the very first time in my life last weekend. I don’t know how, but I never even noticed that store before at the mall. It’s huge. Really huge (that’s what she said) and there’s an overwhelming amount of product. And it’s also not cheap. But I spent a lot of time there. I didn’t buy anything, but I loved it and I’ll be back next time I go to the mall for sure.
– That I’m a little bit (ok, a lot) jealous that my husband took our daughter to the One Direction concert in Seattle. Not that I love One Direction, but I watched some videos they took last night and it seemed so fun. All the excitement and loud music, even all the 15,000 screaming girls (my poor husband), and Aleeya all excited and dancing. I would have had so much fun. I’m glad he took her, though, she’ll remember her special date with her dad forever.
– That I still haven’t put in my contacts into the iphone I got a few weeks ago. Aleeya has done some for me…so when David calls, it says Hubby. When she calls, it says Daughter Dearest. When Bryson calls, it says Brother. When she calls from her best friend’s phone, it says Second Daughter. Maybe it’s time I program some names in there?
– That we might be moving soon-ish and I have still not started to clean anything out, or “purge” as my husband calls it. I’ve planned on it for a while now, but can’t seem to motivate. Plus, I love my stuff. I don’t want to get rid of it just to make moving accross town easier. Sure there are some things that can be donated to the thrift store, but I want to keep most of my stuff.
For fun (and because I’ve seen other bloggers do it and always wanted to do it, for no reason at all) a picture of the recipe for the cookies and the finished product. These cookies have mound bars pieces and chopped up oreos in them. Seriously, how could they not be good? Sure they were supposed to be super chocolately but I didn’t have the cocoa powder they called for. But that didn’t stop me, I proceeded anyway. Oh, and I also didn’t have enough eggs, I was one egg short. So I added a tad bit of oil and a tad bit of water instead. Seemed to work just fine. Didn’t stop me from eating one. After another.